- The ISHR American Section was organized on January 23rd, 1969 in the state of Massachusetts, United States.
- In addition to being the largest section of ISHR International, ISHR-NAS has been independently operated with a long-standing track-record as a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization.
- The American section has merged with the Canadian Section to form ISHR-NAS, which has been fueled by the continual investment and support of government funding agencies, academic institutions, private sponsorships, and public endorsement over the years.
- We have formed many partnerships, including with other ISHR Sections (Australian, Chinese, European, Indian, Japanese, and Latin American).
- Over the years, our roster has grown to include over 450 members.
Our mission is to promote the discovery and dissemination of knowledge in the cardiovascular sciences across North America through publications, congresses and other media. Our goals are:
- To promote and foster the exchange and diffusion of concepts and information throughout the Americas relating to metabolism, structure, and function of the cardiovascular system in health and disease.
- To advance knowledge in the scientific disciplines relating to cardiovascular function and disease.
- To hold regular scientific meetings dealing with heart research.
- To provide a suitable forum for the discussion of problems relating to cardiovascular function and disease.